New York City has many faces.
From towering modern skyscrapers, like the One World Trade Center, to historically picturesque buildings like our own The Lombardy Hotel, to the tranquility of Central Park, New York City is full of a million different natural and manmade faces to experience.
Today we would like to transport you to one face in particular of NYC, and that is the face of the Holidays, a universally loved and magical time of year.
The Holidays in New York City
Visitors and tourists recount memories of Christmas in NYC with bright eyes, and locals can’t help but walk with a smile during this magical time of year. No matter how you and your family celebrate the holidays, there’s no doubt that NYC is one of the best places to be as the year ends.
Here at The Lombardy Hotel, we know that those traveling to New York City are looking for an entire experience. We strive to give you the best experience possible, which is why we’ve compiled this list of the 3 most important reasons to visit New York City for the holidays.
#1 The Holiday Decorations
When visitors are asked what impressed them the most about New York City at Christmas, the first answer was almost always how beautiful it was with all of the lights and decorations.
The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree
- Dates: November 11, 2017 to January 7, 2018
- Lighting Ceremony: Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Address: The Rockefeller Center, between 47th to 51st Streets and 5th and 6th Avenues (a 10 minute walk from The Lombardy Hotel)
5th Avenue Lights and Window Displays
- Dates: The Holiday Season (November, 2017 – January, 2018 (Depending on establishment)
- Notable Displays: Saks Fifth Avenue (49th St.), Tiffany & Co. (57th St.), and Bergdorf Goodman (58th St.)
- Address: 5th Avenue, between 59th Street and 39th Street (2 blocks from The Lombardy Hotel)
#2 The Holiday Shows
In a city known for extraordinary theater and shows at any time of the year, there is no doubt you will have an unforgettable experience during the holidays.
The Radio City Christmas Spectacular
- Dates: November 10, 2017 to January 1, 2018
- Get Tickets: Here
- Address: Radio City Music Hall at the Rockefeller Center (10 minute walk from The Lombardy Hotel)
The Nutcracker Ballet
- Dates: November 24, 2017 to December 31, 2017
- Get Tickets: Here
- Address: New York City Ballet at the Lincoln Center Theater (15 minute drive from The Lombardy Hotel)
#3 Holiday Shopping
As the center of the corporate world in North America, you’ll find every store that exists in this great city. You can find the department stores any time of the year, so here we’ll show you two holiday markets you might not have visited yet. You’ll easily find something special for your whole family.
Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park
- Dates: October 28, 2017 to January 2, 2018
- Beyond Shopping: Also find ice-skating, restaurants, and an old-fashioned carousel
- Address: Bryant Park between 5th and 6th Avenues and 40 and 42 Streets (10 minute drive from The Lombardy Hotel)
Union Square Holiday Market
- Dates: November 16, 2017 to December 24, 2017
- Beyond Shopping: Also famous for amazing food options
- Address: Union Square Park (25 minute drive from The Lombardy Hotel)
Many More Reasons
We’ve highlighted 3 reasons to visit New York City at Christmas and the holidays, but there are so many more, we’d have to write a book to cover it all. In order to help our guests and other NYC visitors have the best and most complete NYC experience, we will be writing about our favorite things to find and experience in The Big Apple during your stay.
Stay at The Lombardy Hotel
We hope you noticed that all of these unique and unforgettable holiday traditions are minutes away from our Lombardy Hotel. That isn’t a coincidence. If you are looking for the most comfortable and convenient way to celebrate all of the experiences of the holidays in New York City, then staying at The Lombardy Hotel is your ideal accommodations solution. We welcome you during this magical time of year.
Give us a thumbs up
If this article was useful